November 10, 2010

f o r e v e r ?

Yes, Forever 21 is cheap... but are any of the clothes truly original? The low prices and endless selection once impressed me, but I have happily steered clear of Forever 21 for over two years now. I emptied my closet of everything Forever 21, and it felt great.

So many affordable stores have much more to offer, with an original brand image - not brand images stolen from designers. If you are on a tight budget, Forever 21 doesn't have to be the answer. Step out of your comfort zone and explore your other options. I know way too many young women who don't shop anywhere else, and it's very unfortunate.

I like to think that I can spot something from Forever 21, but in recent years it's gotten a bit harder. I have to admit, I like some of the Twelve by Twelve clothes that I have seen, but I just can't bring myself to purchase anything. The clothes are inexpensive for a reason, the quality is just not up to par.

In the past four years, over 50 lawsuits have been filed against Forever 21.

The following fashion houses have sued Forever 21 for Copyright Infringement:
Anthropologie
Marc Jacobs
Diane Von Furstenburg
Anna Sui
Bebe
Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers
Express

Let's see if you can spot the fake:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kate Moss Topshop - Forever 21
DVF - Forever 21
Harajuku Lovers - Forever 21
Catherine Holstein - Forever 21
Alexander Wang - Forever 21
Forever 21 - YSL
Marc by Marc Jacobs - Forever 21
Jonathan Saunders - Forever 21
Balenciaga - Forever 21
Forever 21 - Trovota
Anna Sui - Forever 21
Forever 21 - Miu Miu

2 comments:

  1. WOW, they almost look alike, it's not easy to tell the real vs the fake...

    XOXO
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! How did you find all this??

    xx
    Meera

    ReplyDelete